• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Borderless Printing On Latex 360

Trying to totally figure out this borderless printing. I put the ink collector in. Load media. All of that is good. When I design my file say a 24x24 in flexi I put .25 all the way around for bleed. I want to print this now 24.5" sign on a 24" white media. I don't know how to figure out where the overlap goes. I can't stick my image outside of the material in production manager. How do you set it up in production manager so the bleed starts off the media?

HulkSmash

Trying to totally figure out this borderless printing. I put the ink collector in. Load media. All of that is good. When I design my file say a 24x24 in flexi I put .25 all the way around for bleed. I want to print this now 24.5" sign on a 24" white media. I don't know how to figure out where the overlap goes. I can't stick my image outside of the material in production manager. How do you set it up in production manager so the bleed starts off the media?

I think the problem is production manager. It's an awful rip.

FrankW

I don't know any RIP what is able to print over a given media width. When printing Rigid Media on for example a HP Scitex FB500, I need to send the graphic on a larger format, and set the bleed in the printer.

I have printed one time borderless on a media with a 360 (wallpaper), and don't have needed any bleed for a print of around 1m. It looks like that there is a bleed set by the RIP or the printer automatically.

Hotspur

Not So...

Onyx can do exactly this - all selectable paper widths have an "NM" version so you can choose "No Margins" and print a few mms over each edge for every paper size - you can even decide your own NM widths.

This is one of the applications missing in Production Manager - you need better software if you want to do this type of work.

I have the option for borderless printing. It removes the margins off the media. But I want to print past the margins. So what I am getting is this is not possible. What happens if you tell prod. manager it's a 60" media and print to a 54" media?

danno

Please keep us posted on your progress. I was told that a Canon iPF9000 could print borderless also. After conversations with ONYX and Canon, I have found out that the driver for the printer wouldn't allow it on all media widths/sizes.

Hotspur

Please keep us posted on your progress. I was told that a Canon iPF9000 could print borderless also. After conversations with ONYX and Canon, I have found out that the driver for the printer wouldn't allow it on all media widths/sizes.

The reason the driver doesn't allow it is because the printer doesn't allow it - there are special areas of the bed designed to soak up overspray but these are in certain places only - thus it is available for some paper widths and not for others.

This is the same with Epsons too - it isn't a rip issue.

The reason the driver doesn't allow it is because the printer doesn't allow it - there are special areas of the bed designed to soak up overspray but these are in certain places only - thus it is available for some paper widths and not for others.

This is the same with Epsons too - it isn't a rip issue.

eeehhhhkkkkkkkkk (best buzzer sound) wrong.. The L360 has a ink collector platen the entire width of the printer. That means anywhere it over prints in the 64" space has a pad under it to collect the ink. The whole bed is an ink collector.

I will be talking to HP Tech support tomorrow and figuring this out. Not enough time today.

eeehhhhkkkkkkkkk (best buzzer sound) wrong.. The L360 has a ink collector platen the entire width of the printer. That means anywhere it over prints in the 64" space has a pad under it to collect the ink. The whole bed is an ink collector.

Sorry, you misunderstood Hotspur's post. He was referring to the Cannon IPF and Epson machines, and not the Latex 360. So you're both right.

MMG

Hi BIG EASY DOES IT,

Did you selected the borderless option from the SAi RIP menu? if not, g
o to the Default Job Properties and inside the Format tap, select the “Borderless Printing” check box.

attachment.php

Please let me know if this fixes the problem.

Attachments

• Rip.jpg
    Rip.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,050
Yes I have that selected. But all that does is take away the margins. I want to print past the edge. It won't let you start your artwork outside the media edge.

chrisphilipps

Merchant Member
I have never worked with the HP Latex but can't you just tell Production Manager that you have a 24.5" roll? In my experience the rip isn't what tells the printer where to start printing it is the printer itself.

I have never worked with the HP Latex but can't you just tell Production Manager that you have a 24.5" roll? In my experience the rip isn't what tells the printer where to start printing it is the printer itself.

I could but I want to center my artwork on the media and print past the edges. If I tell it it's 24.5 it's still going to start right on the edge on the right side.

Dennis422

Can you tape a bit of the material to the platen where you material ends right now. (So the edge detector scans it)
After you do that, move the roll on the shaft about .25" to the left.
That way printer sees the edge .25" past the actual edge of the substrate?

Does that make any sense?

Can you tape a bit of the material to the platen where you material ends right now. (So the edge detector scans it)
After you do that, move the roll on the shaft about .25" to the left.
That way printer sees the edge .25" past the actual edge of the substrate?

Does that make any sense?

Yes that makes sense. I could have done this on a printer that doesn't do borderless printing though.