• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boss thinking about new slogan....

SignsD1

I don't post here often, but would like everyone's opinion on a slogan my boss wants to try using......so, here it goes:

"We don't want your business, we want your REPEAT business"

this was our old one:

"If Price & Quality Matter, We're Your Source"

Please let me know what you guys & gals think......any opinion would br grateful

HulkSmash

I don't post here often, but would like everyone's opinion on a slogan my boss wants to try using......so, here it goes:

this was our old one:

"If Price & Quality Matter, We're Your Source"

Please let me know what you guys & gals think......any opinion would br grateful

that is quite possibly the worse slogan i have ever heard.
please - don't.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Neither one seems very good to me. They require too many mental steps to understand what is being said.

SignsD1

Thank You for the responses, really appreciate it. We are throwing around another one, let us know what you think if this one:

We don't want to just build your sign, we want to help build your image"

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
The word slogan seems to be so outdated, and associated with wordy cliches.

What you're looking for is a USP...a unique selling point (or proposition). Believe me....they are not always the same.

A slogan is usually a catchy little quip that tells the customers why YOU think you're good, often with way too many words or jargon.

But, when done correctly, a USP is a statement that indoctrinates your potential customer as to why they should come to you.

A good USP also leaves enough room for the customer to fill in some of the details on their own. That's what makes it personal, and powerful...and almost universal.

United Parcel Service: "What can Brown do for you?"
FedEx: "The world, on time"

Check out a bunch more here: http://www.taglineguru.com/sloganlist.html

JB

Last edited:

laserman70

Only thing i can remember from that slogan is .....We don't want your business
That is bad

HaroldDesign

"We don't want your business, we want your REPEAT business

Could be;
"We not Only want your business, we want earn your repeat business"

Craig Sjoquist

one of the worst I've read also your old one 2nd worst ... excuse me

But slogans or what ever you want to call them must be POSITIVE and work even better when company name gets put in it some how.

Example... down goes troubles down the drain Roto Rooter .... positive in what it does for you and what.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Somewhere it was said.... you don't tell customers what you don't do..... you tell them what you DO do..... or in your case.... want.

Think positive. Most people aren't that clever, so most of these jingles or slogans go right out the window.

fmg

I couldn't spend a penny at your boss's place with a slogan like that.It says sleeze to me!

Mosh

Slogan? What do you watch Mad Men? Smoke a cig, have a drink, screw some women...that is how they come up with stuff on that show!