• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bought Screen Printing operation whats it worth?

Hi,

Went to are local high school auction because they built a new tech building so they had all there screen printing equipment up for auction.

Just wondering what its all worth?

Anyways It came with:

Riley Hopkins 6 Color 4 Station with Joystick Registration Press.
Black Body Conveyor Dryer
Black Body Flash Dryer with stand
Exposure Unit
20 Screen Aluminum Rack
6 Aluminum Frames
Few squeegees
Scoop coater
Didn't come with any inks

It looks like they never used it much at all. I believe it was just a class to teach kids how it all works. They never made shirts for the school it self.
I believe It was new in 2007. Since the serial number on the black body stuff ends in 07. Is there serial number on the Riley Hopkins press?

Never screen printed before. I own a Sign shop and we do some heat press shirts.

Thanks,
Zach

Attachments

• IMG_1840.jpg
    IMG_1840.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 232
Nice little setup. I would put my guesstimate in the $3000-$4000 range. Maybe more. The press is about $3500 brand new. And that looks as good as brand new.

r2prints

Deal of the decade. That conveyor alone is worth more than the price you paid for it. I personally have the same setup w/o the conveyor and I paid $3500 which was in far rougher shape. All of the equipment is built to last. Joystick regs aren't the most ideal, but they work!

Congrats! If you're ever looking to part with some of it (and ship), don't hesitate to send me a PM!

ptmiff

Well I never, in my own back yard too! Which School was that from? If you need a Screen Printer that makes a decent cup of tea give me a shout :smile: Ooops seems you aren't Aberdeen Scotland :doh:

Dennis422

That is a nice little set up. I would say it is worth about $3.5-$4K.
It could be a nice extra income, but there is a learning curve to it.
It is easy to print dark on light garments, you will struggle a bit before you learn to print white on a dark garments.

I'm not saying that all is 100% right, but you could learn a lot just watching the YouTube. Ryonet and Catspit Production have a bunch of good videos on how to screen print.
also, to get some good answers, join The Shirt Board forum. A bunch of people willing to help.

Good luck

That is a nice little set up. I would say it is worth about $3.5-$4K.
It could be a nice extra income, but there is a learning curve to it.
It is easy to print dark on light garments, you will struggle a bit before you learn to print white on a dark garments.

I'm not saying that all is 100% right, but you could learn a lot just watching the YouTube. Ryonet and Catspit Production have a bunch of good videos on how to screen print.
also, to get some good answers, join The Shirt Board forum. A bunch of people willing to help.

Good luck

I started watching some youtube videos and also reading a lot of forums. I was thinking about going to a class. I've been to vehicle wrap classes before and learned a lot. I learn more hands on. Anybody recommend a class to go to?

I won't be able to start messing with everything probably until after the first of the year :(. To much other work...

Thanks guys for the input!

Dennis422

As far as classes it all depends where you are.
If you are in Scotland, that might be a problem, do not know how many screen printing classes are available in GB.
If you are in Scotland, say hallo to Sir Alex when he gets back there.

I have a set of Ryonet Screen Printing 101 DVD's. That might be a good investment. But most of that can be found on YouTube.

As far as classes it all depends where you are.
If you are in Scotland, that might be a problem, do not know how many screen printing classes are available in GB.

I have a set of Ryonet Screen Printing 101 DVD's. That might be a good investment. But most of that can be found on YouTube.

Nope I'm from Aberdeen, South Dakota! (I just added SD to my profile deal. To stop the confusion) :Cool 2:
I will try and look for some classes.

ptmiff

That was my fault, sorry, I got excited when I saw Aberdeen. But I'll pass on your regards ... Sir Alex is still a local hero here. When we won the European Cup winners cup my English exam was pulled forward so we could cheer the team as they passed our school. Happy days !!:Big Laugh

Dennis422

That was my fault, sorry, I got excited when I saw Aberdeen. But I'll pass on your regards ... Sir Alex is still a local hero here. When we won the European Cup winners cup my English exam was pulled forward so we could cheer the team as they passed our school. Happy days !!:Big Laugh

I wish he is still running them. I was so pissed yesterday, I thought that LvG will be better than this crap he is putting on the field.

ptmiff

I wish he is still running them. I was so pissed yesterday, I thought that LvG will be better than this crap he is putting on the field.

I was referring to when Sir Alex was the manager of my home club Aberdeen, not Manchester Utd. I'm doing a great line in all things confusing :covereyes:

Dennis422

I was referring to when Sir Alex was the manager of my home club Aberdeen, not Manchester Utd. I'm doing a great line in all things confusing :covereyes:

It might be your Scottish accent :wink:

LOL, nevermind, that was way before my time. I was 7 when he came to Man U. But, been adoring him since 1998.
Nevertheless, he was a great coach and I hate that he is in the stands instead on the bench.