Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boulevard font converted to curves

Discussion in 'Fonts and Typography' started by ChiknNutz, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    If anyone has this font, would you be willing to convert something to curves for me? It is 4 words.

As far as I know, this is okay, right Fred?

Tags:
  2. Sign One

Sign One Member

Apr 17, 2006
    Vector Dr.

Eric does typesetting I think it is $5.00

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I am not trying to start any argument. Just simply state the facts.

The EULA that accompanies any commercial font forbids this practice. I know it is done all the time. Everytime someone creates a logo involving any text and supplies the vectors to the client, they are technically breaking the EULA of any fonts involved. The type companies recognize this and don't seem to harass anyone about it. It is quite different to skirt buying a properly licensed font by getting someone to typeset it for you, and I can see where the same licensors would not take kindly to the practice. Your best path is to go to Eric as long as he is willing to assume the risk of violating the EULA.

4. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    OOPS...sorry 'bout that, I really didn't know that the EULA prohibited this practice. I will go down an alternate path on this one then.

5. 2NinerNiner2

2NinerNiner2 Very Active Member

Mar 21, 2006
    Calgary, AB