Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box making software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Grizzly, Nov 4, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    I am looking for software to make simple shipping boxes. I have a Zund and regularly cut and crease custom boxes created by hand in illustrator. I'm trying to simplify the process with software that you input box dimensions and it generates a cut/crease file, whether its pdf or a cad file doesn't really matter. I know that ARTIOS is the go to but we don't need complex design software like this. I've used PackMage which works great but they don't have the simple shipping box design for some reason.
    Is there a illustrator plugin or script that would do this? Or any other suggestions?

Tags:
  2. ProColorGraphics

ProColorGraphics Very Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Minnesota
    I use Packlib, as it's what came with my Summa. I think Flexi has one that looks decent too.

3. Boudica

Boudica Active Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    I've used this a few times, it works great! I make boxes for sample kits I make for out wholesale clients

https://www.templatemaker.nl/en/

Here is a picture
    upload_2020-11-4_11-0-38.png

• Like Like x 4
  4. Grizzly

Grizzly Member

Sep 1, 2010
    Utah
    Thanks for the responses. I've downloaded packlib but it's not letting me create a user. I have an email out to them.
    I like the template maker. I might use that for some future projects but it doesn't have a simple shipping box which is what I'm after.

5. TammieH

TammieH Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2011
    Pacific NW
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Bly

Bly Very Active Member

Mar 9, 2004
    Sydney
    We have Engview. It's not just a plugin it's an expensive complicated packaging and display design app.
    It does come with a handy library of resizable designs we use though.

7. Superior_Adam

Superior_Adam Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wichita, Kansas
    Zund has/had a software package for making boxes/displays. Its pretty pricey but well built. We had it for a year with our Zund and liked it but just did not use it enough to justify the yearly fee.

8. mhartel

mhartel New Member

May 5, 2019
    Newburgh, New York
  9. jimdtg

jimdtg Member

Jun 18, 2017
    Some places in earth
    Have you tried with ZDC from Zund yet? It's plugin for Adobe Illustrator and I think it's suitable with you.