• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box making software

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
I am looking for software to make simple shipping boxes. I have a Zund and regularly cut and crease custom boxes created by hand in illustrator. I'm trying to simplify the process with software that you input box dimensions and it generates a cut/crease file, whether its pdf or a cad file doesn't really matter. I know that ARTIOS is the go to but we don't need complex design software like this. I've used PackMage which works great but they don't have the simple shipping box design for some reason.
Is there a illustrator plugin or script that would do this? Or any other suggestions?

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
I've used this a few times, it works great! I make boxes for sample kits I make for out wholesale clients

https://www.templatemaker.nl/en/

Here is a picture
upload_2020-11-4_11-0-38.png

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Thanks for the responses. I've downloaded packlib but it's not letting me create a user. I have an email out to them.
I like the template maker. I might use that for some future projects but it doesn't have a simple shipping box which is what I'm after.

Bly

We have Engview. It's not just a plugin it's an expensive complicated packaging and display design app.
It does come with a handy library of resizable designs we use though.

Superior_Adam

Zund has/had a software package for making boxes/displays. Its pretty pricey but well built. We had it for a year with our Zund and liked it but just did not use it enough to justify the yearly fee.

jimdtg

Have you tried with ZDC from Zund yet? It's plugin for Adobe Illustrator and I think it's suitable with you.