• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

box truck alum is leaking onto wrap

mark galoob

i did a wrap on customers isuzu box last yr, and the alum from top is leaching when it rains and running down onto the wrap and is very hard to clean off...

any chemicals that will clean this off easier...

mark galoob

Letterbox Mike

It's oxidation from the raw aluminum. We've had decent success cleaning it off of graphics with Rapid Prep, it's mild enough it won't damage the vinyl. but the stuff is stubborn.

I've heard of people clearcoating the raw aluminum to help avoid the oxidation streaking, but I've never tried it so I don't know if it would work. I doubt it would totally solve it though.

John L

Some things you might try, but be carefull doing so... I think you are describing what RV owners call Black Streaks, and it is a result of the aluminum oils leaching. "Black Streak Remover" in the Outdoor Sports/RV section at Walmart... Also "Awesome" at Family Dollar Stores... also "Greased Lightenin" from AutoZone or sams club. . These products are known to remove the streaks from prefinished aluminum but MAY damage your print. They are kinda aggressive.

The $1 Awesome is the most aggressive, followed by Black Str Remover, then the de- greaser.

Please test small area.. dont ruin your work.