• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box Truck Rear Roll Up Door

Sinclair

What would you do? In the past we have done full wraps on box trucks and on the back door of the truck we have the measurements of each slat that separates when it is rolled up. So therefore we do individual panels. We have done both ways and done full panels then cut back where the slats separate. We have a job coming up that requires graphics on the back of another box truck door but the door isn't fully covered. It will just have a big square logo on it.

I am curious to what other people are doing? Full panels or separate pieces. IMAG0003.jpg

jfiscus

Rap Master
I always do vertical panels on box trucks per the installers' request unless specified otherwise by the customer.

SIGNTIME

yes vertical panels for the sides here as well, we just like to do roll up doors on the back horizontal so there is no overlap on the back

rjssigns

On roll up doors we apply, cut the seams, then seal the edges. Edges hold up well considering the beating they take.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
We have a job coming up that requires graphics on the back of another box truck door but the door isn't fully covered. It will just have a big square logo on it.
View attachment 100464

If the logo can be printed in one piece just slice between the roll-up panels.
If you need to panel the job, like the others have said use horizontal panels to avoid the overlap.

formanek

2 vertical panels. Cut seams. Cut back 1/8" to give an edge sealer something to stick to. I use 8914 1 Mil Cast Scotchcal™ Optically Clear Edge Sealing Tape