• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Box Truck Removal

gplough

I'm doing a full wrap removal on several box trucks and the material is being a pain. Best success I've had so far is to do about a 12" strip at a time by scoring the material and working my way up applying heat with a gun.

It's cool outside, 50s - paused the project because it's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow. The material doesn't seem to be laminated / grey back adhesive. I didn't put it on. We moved one into the customer's shop yesterday but the surface wasn't much warmer.

Anyone have any tips? I would definitely appreciate it!

Very carefully with a weed burner and propane tank. Get it toasty, and peel it off. Spray down with adhesive remover, and pressure wash off. Might take a couple applications. If you have access to one, hot water pressure washer will make it faster

AKwrapguy

I'm doing a full wrap removal on several box trucks and the material is being a pain. Best success I've had so far is to do about a 12" strip at a time by scoring the material and working my way up applying heat with a gun.

It's cool outside, 50s - paused the project because it's supposed to be in the 60s tomorrow. The material doesn't seem to be laminated / grey back adhesive. I didn't put it on. We moved one into the customer's shop yesterday but the surface wasn't much warmer.

Anyone have any tips? I would definitely appreciate it!

It's probably a liquid lam...and that suck man. If you have a steamer you could try that but for big trucks, like crystalcoast graphics says, weed burner and propane tank or torch, or heat gun and heat an area and start peeling. Start at the top and use gravity to help you. If you can get it into the sun let the sun bake on one side for a little while.

gplough

Very carefully with a weed burner and propane tank. Get it toasty, and peel it off. Spray down with adhesive remover, and pressure wash off. Might take a couple applications. If you have access to one, hot water pressure washer will make it faster

Can you recommend an adhesive remover? Preferably something I can buy by the gallon. I’ve used the turtle wax brand that works great but I’d like to find something I can apply with a pump sprayer maybe

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
rapid remover. comes in a 5 gallon size also. expensive but it doesn't evaporate as fast as anything else out there.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Get a propane jet tube heater (Reddy Heater) and put it inside the box for a while.... ;) Leave the roll up door cracked a little so you can keep an eye on it. We do this on trailers, box trucks, etc quite a bit when its cooler out (and consequently a bit cooler in the bay). Heats the whole thing from the inside and works great!