Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bracket and Sign update...happy ending

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by Stacey K, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    A while back I had posted a question about some signs for the local grade school. Well, I made the signs and my boyfriend who is a welder made the brackets. We did not want to drill into the poles - but wanted them to be sturdy. I used .080 aluminum with cast vinyl. I'm not sure the specific details of the brackets but you can see them in the photos. Just wanted to thank everyone for their input because they turned out great! They are super sturdy and the school just ordered another set. We will have 8 signs total once the project is completely funded. Just dropped off set number 2 and they couldn't be more excited!

Attached Files:

Tags:
    • Like Like x 7
  2. Texas_Signmaker

Texas_Signmaker Very Active Signmaker

Oct 21, 2016
    Frisco, TX
    Looks sharp. I probably would of painted the fasteners and washers black but that's just me. Looks great. Having a man that can weld is a good asset.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Stacey K

Stacey K Getting Back in the Game

Jun 20, 2018
    Wisconsin
    Thanks! I thought about that after the signs were up...I was thinking once school is done I can offer to paint them. Yes, he welds quite a few things for me, fixed my sink, helps me install signs. Gotta make sure I keep him around! LOL

• Like Like x 1
  4. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Very nice. I agree about touch up

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    :thumb:

Agree on black nuts and bolts.​

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. lyndawayne

lyndawayne Member

May 31, 2013
    Grass Lake, Michigan
    Good job! Looks like a good welder!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Johnny Best

Johnny Best Very Active Member

Dec 9, 2015
    buffalo ny
    Sold some nice signs, and a reorder, have a boyfriend with a big welding gun, life is good!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. d fleming

d fleming Very Active Member

Nov 28, 2007
    Middleburg, Florida
    very nice.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TSC1985

TSC1985 Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Oregon
    Looks good. I was going to say this looks exactly like the system Howard Industries uses for their "Perma-banner" system but I think that is spring loaded for parking lots and high elevations.