• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bracket and Sign update...happy ending

Stacey K

I like making signs
A while back I had posted a question about some signs for the local grade school. Well, I made the signs and my boyfriend who is a welder made the brackets. We did not want to drill into the poles - but wanted them to be sturdy. I used .080 aluminum with cast vinyl. I'm not sure the specific details of the brackets but you can see them in the photos. Just wanted to thank everyone for their input because they turned out great! They are super sturdy and the school just ordered another set. We will have 8 signs total once the project is completely funded. Just dropped off set number 2 and they couldn't be more excited!

Attachments

• IMG_2846.JPEG
    IMG_2846.JPEG
    749 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_2847.JPEG
    IMG_2847.JPEG
    476.5 KB · Views: 401

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
A while back I had posted a question about some signs for the local grade school. Well, I made the signs and my boyfriend who is a welder made the brackets. We did not want to drill into the poles - but wanted them to be sturdy. I used .080 aluminum with cast vinyl. I'm not sure the specific details of the brackets but you can see them in the photos. Just wanted to thank everyone for their input because they turned out great! They are super sturdy and the school just ordered another set. We will have 8 signs total once the project is completely funded. Just dropped off set number 2 and they couldn't be more excited!

Looks sharp. I probably would of painted the fasteners and washers black but that's just me. Looks great. Having a man that can weld is a good asset.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks! I thought about that after the signs were up...I was thinking once school is done I can offer to paint them. Yes, he welds quite a few things for me, fixed my sink, helps me install signs. Gotta make sure I keep him around! LOL

TSC1985

Looks good. I was going to say this looks exactly like the system Howard Industries uses for their "Perma-banner" system but I think that is spring loaded for parking lots and high elevations.