• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brackets and substrate question

Stacey K

I like making signs
Disclaimer...I don't do a ton of installations. If the customer installs, we go over the best installation techniques...no issues or disagreements so far. Went out for an estimate last night and the husband suggested aluminum with zip ties. Obviously this is NOT going to work. However, I'm not sure what the best idea is here. Size is approximately 48"x48". The old sign had poles that went across holding the sign in but how would I get them in? Steel poles won't bend. I'm slightly confused about this. Since they suggested zip ties, I'm guessing they don't want to spend a lot of money on fancy brackets. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2781.JPEG
    IMG_2781.JPEG
    849.9 KB · Views: 356
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 326
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 313

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You could drill 2 holes in the top bar and put eye-hooks through it and then use a hanger like this.

DdvOC.png

You could also use a chain at the bottom to prevent wind from flipping it over on itself. I would use 10mil ACM.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
You could drill 2 holes in the top bar and put eye-hooks through it and then use a hanger like this.

DdvOC.png

You could also use a chain at the bottom to prevent wind from flipping it over on itself. I would use 10mil ACM.
No such thing as 10mil acm. There's 3mm or 6mm (in most all cases).

Billct2

As has been said, it could be done as a hanging sign, for which I would use 3/4" MDO and sign hangers.
Or you could use fence components like Texas suggested and use 6mm ACM. see pic. In that case I would do 2 or 3 on top and a couple on each side. It looks like they used that type of hanger on the top

Attachments

• 1a.jpg
    1a.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 320

Stacey K

I like making signs
As has been said, it could be done as a hanging sign, for which I would use 3/4" MDO and sign hangers.
Or you could use fence components like Texas suggested and use 6mm ACM. see pic.
LOL! I was just looking at a similar pic on Home Depots site! I think this will be the easiest way to go for this customer. I prefer the hanging sign but not sure of the skill level, will provide both suggestions. Thank you everyone!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I thought he looked familiar................... but yours has writing all over his @ss and a big ol' turd hanging out. You're gross.