• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Braille labels?

petesign

So, one of my clients had me make some acrylic signs for the back doors on their property. They liked them so much that they want to replace the rest of the signage on their property, but some are ADA. If I send those out to be made elsewhere they wont match. So I am wondering... Is it possible to make a clear braille ADA compliant label and attach it to the front of a substrate?

Anyone have some experience with this one?

thanks in advance!
-Pete

MikePro

looks shotty, imho.
like adding an office manager's name to their room identification with a label-maker.

I make ADA signs, and have had clients that would rather do most of the work themselves, so they order unfinished signs with the raised braille/lettering and do all the painting/assembly themselves. On the other-hand, I'd bet anyone that does raster-braille in your area would be able to simply place your panels on their engraver and insert beads for you.

petesign

Ok, could you make a clear acrylic face with braille at the bottom, that I can put my reverse print on the back?