• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

brain fade

crny1

Hey all,
For some reason I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this simple task tonight. I am drawing a blank. I have a tall skinny group of objects. When I select the object group the bounding box shows. I want to take the top of the rectangle and make it 8 inches wide and the bottom of the rectangle 15 inches wide. How can I drag the corners in on the top of the bounding box to create this tapered effect? I am stuck on stupid tonight.....

crny1

I need to tell it specific sizes IE. top of rectangle is 4 in and the bottom is 10 in and both sides are 50 in
Also when i use the perspective tool it changes the overall look of the image too.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I have a better idea, one that will give you precise results.

Make two rectangles. Make one of them 8" wide and the other one 15" wide. Spread both along the height you need. Make a third rectangle the desired height you want and align the first two rectangles to the top and bottom of that 3rd rectangle. Align the 8" and 15" rectangles together. Use the pathfinder tools to weld both together. Delete the unnecessary points between. Use the anchor point conversion tool to convert any path segments to straight line segments if needed.

That sounds like a lot of steps, but it isn't really. It will give you the exact size trapezoid you need.