• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand new and already asking questions.lol

SupremeStandard

Hi guys,
The name's Sal. New guy here. Been doing car decals for the past 6 months and I've loved it. I've had long,long,LONG nights where I don't make anything back if I would charge for labor time. Considering it's just me though,this puts gas in my tank and money in my pockets.lol

I stay out here in Pasadena,Cali. I do all this at home. So no store front or nothing. ( business license,etc ) So far I've only found two spots local to me that sell to the general public without a re-seller license. Those two are Mclogan and Ordway. LOVE both places. Unfortunately,both I know,only carry basic oracal 651 colors. Currently I'm looking for more than just basic colors. I need to purchase the "glitter"/"sequence" type vinyl. I don't know anything about the brands that carry these types,so before I commit to buying,I was wondering if anyone can point me towards a quality brand like the oracal 651. Something I could use outdoors longterm for car decals. Thanks!

SupremeStandard

AdTechia. Yes,you read it right. I operate out of my home. I don't make anywhere near enough to REALLY say I have an operation. I just make a few decals for some car friends. Once I have an operation with a heat press and silk screen though, I plan on getting fully licensed. As of now,I'm just a college student with a little hobby to pay for gas. If it hasn't made me back the money I invested into an under $1,000 machine and supply,I don't feel any priority to get licensed.

SupremeStandard

Thanks for that read gmr55! I appreciate the help I get in any way from any of you. BY the Way,gmr wouldn't by any chance represent GMR out here in cali? Canyon runs?

Locals Find!

Since, you answered my question. Which I just wanted to be clear on first.

I will give you some advice. Get a business license. Your not doing installs, or anything that is going to require extensive licensing. So, save yourself all the trouble and just get one. It will open the doors you want opened to you. I understand where your coming from you have little no cash but, really wanna give it ago. Take the few dollars extra and give it a real go.

Right now your not much better than someone with a Cricket machine asking the pros on here for where to buy stuff wholesale as basically an end user.

If you really are interested in making money at this and learning. Do it right. Don't try and take shortcuts. It will lead to **** poor results all the way around.

SupremeStandard

As of now,I still haven't found the exact product I'm looking to purchase. I'm still looking for something I feel comfortable in buying as well as confident in quality. Mainly looking for product in the 24"x10yd size. Anyone interested in offering advice may feel free to do so. Thanks again to you all. I appreciate the knowledge you guys gave with the links and advice on Generic simple licenses.

SupremeStandard

Thank you guys! Appreciate the help. I found a few items I might be picking up. Quite expensive,but hoping they'll be worth it. You can all feel free to keep inputting with suggestions though!