• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand New both here and to signs~ Hi!

txjest

hi~
my name is Anna and I work for an inspection company in South Texas. Instead of hiring an outside company to design graphics for our trailers and vans, my boss hired a guy who did signs and bought the equipment.
That guy left, now I'm the graphics design department..lol.
I lean far more towards 'classical' artwork, but hope to learn this, as well. The cutter is a cinch (I'll post the model/brand later, I don't remember right now), but the Falcon Outdoor Jr. is...um...challenging. No, the machine isn't, the issues the machine is having is what's challenging. And it's new. They loaded Flexi8 on the computer down there (no comment), but I drag Photoshop into the process when I need to.
so, hi from South Texas!

skyhigh

welcome to you Anna.

As for your boss....wow, another one of them. When he needs an operation, does he purchase his own scalpels too?

txjest

thanks, y'all! I look forward to learning more about this world of graphics.
Here's what I do when I'm not working my 'day job', if you want to see:
www.charcoalfilly.com
and here's the day job: www.bldata.com

welcome to you Anna.

As for your boss....wow, another one of them. When he needs an operation, does he purchase his own scalpels too?

um, probably- or a hospital wing or something... he likes to have his hands in just about everything. What he gets impatient with is how long it takes to plot and weed some of these things- it's supposed to be 'presto!' and done. But he's a good guy, under that.

Cadmn

welcome & good luck from north central Texas. I hear printing digital is a good site also