• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand New GFP Installed - Tips and Tricks?

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Just received our new GFP 563TH laminator yesterday. Got it all assembled last night and ran some jobs today. Seems to be a good machine so far. One thing we noticed is there seems to be a fine line between too much/too little pressure on the rollers, and it tended to buckle a bit on the middle. Does anyone have any helpful tips or tricks with it? This is replacing our old Seal 600-S which has seen better days, and we are so glad to have something with a finished roll take-up! Thanks for any suggestions!

Dan360

There really is a fine line with these things. What I have found is to start with as little pressure as possible that will still feed through and then after a couple feet you can up it a tiny bit, just not too much. Also adding tension to your print, whether by hand or putting it on the spindle that comes with it, seems to help quite a bit.

FatCat

Just got ours about 3 months ago and have been very happy with the machine itself - though the takeup reel we purchased is another story....

Anyway, if you watch the videos on Youtube they tell you as you lower the rollers down, feel the tension go slack once the rollers touch and keep forwarding it until there is slight resistance. Then, as if you were looking at the face of a clock, you need to turn the handle like you were advancing the clock 1 hour. So if you lower the rollers and the wheel goes slack, and then you continue to turn and feel resistance at the 3 o'clock position, you would forward the handle till it was at 4 o'clock and that is the correct pressure setting - that method has worked like a charm for us.

Now I wish we could figure out this screwy take-up system...which sadly, was the main reason we bought a new laminator to begin with...

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Just got ours about 3 months ago and have been very happy with the machine itself - though the takeup reel we purchased is another story....

Anyway, if you watch the videos on Youtube they tell you as you lower the rollers down, feel the tension go slack once the rollers touch and keep forwarding it until there is slight resistance. Then, as if you were looking at the face of a clock, you need to turn the handle like you were advancing the clock 1 hour. So if you lower the rollers and the wheel goes slack, and then you continue to turn and feel resistance at the 3 o'clock position, you would forward the handle till it was at 4 o'clock and that is the correct pressure setting - that method has worked like a charm for us.

Now I wish we could figure out this screwy take-up system...which sadly, was the main reason we bought a new laminator to begin with...
Yeah I watched the videos. I did exactly as you described (and the video) and it works somewhat. I played with a piece for a while and got it dialed in pretty good. Then I came up with this so anyone can set it and have it pretty much where it needs to be. Of course different thicknesses will require some adjustment, but for most of what we do, this should work. I just laid some tape on the machine for the handle to align to. If you turn till the roller hits, then line up with the tape, you're good to go.

Attachments

• IMG_3248.jpg
    IMG_3248.jpg
    346.1 KB · Views: 204