• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand new HPL26500 black banding issues

isas

Hi,

I´m priting these on polypropylene film and get random black banding all over. The printer is brand new. They are printed with 12 and 16 pass. Any suggestions?

2014-03-25 09.39.09.jpg 2014-03-25 09.38.54.jpg

Printphics

Had a similar problem running vinyl on L26500 - after hours of playing with the printheads and settings decided it might be the stock - got another roll of 54" vinyl and had no more banding problems.

chafro

Isas plastics are very hard to profile, ink limits and restrictions need to be perfect. For plastics 16 pass will be the minimum for solid colors. You might need 20. But the most important part is your ink limits. Print the ink limit patch but make the patch big so you can look for the banding in the solid colors and limit where banding doesn't exist. Also restrict your lights as much as you can, I would make them zero.

isas

Had a similar problem running vinyl on L26500 - after hours of playing with the printheads and settings decided it might be the stock - got another roll of 54" vinyl and had no more banding problems.

Did you use a different brand or the same manufacturer just a newer roll?