• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brand-new Printer Issue

cybernalin

I'm having a weird issue with Brand-new Challanger FY 3286T 10 feet machine.
the problem is there is a banding issue when printing black colour
Printer is one week used and printer come-up with Seiko 508gs Print-head(4 Head)
it's only visible in 3pass mode and 2 pass mode slightly visible on 4 pass
Test print is all okay.
using photoprint 12 cloud edition and using default profiles

img-20180213-185617.jpg

what could be the problem?
Technical guy have no clue about this issue...

cybernalin

thanks for the suggestion but this print head is brandnew and test print is 100% Okay.
No nozzle clog at all

papabud

Lone Wolf
that would be awesome. there are other things that could cause your issues also. like the feed calibration, but that would effect all colors.

AKwrapguy

2 pass is pretty big and would cause banding so I would think that it's pretty normal. If you had banding at 8 or 12 pass, that would be more concerning.

cybernalin

that would be awesome. there are other things that could cause your issues also. like the feed calibration, but that would effect all colors.
I checked the calibration settings and it's all perfectly align no issue at all
i thought the same when this problem appear but it's not :(

cybernalin

2 pass is pretty big and would cause banding so I would think that it's pretty normal. If you had banding at 8 or 12 pass, that would be more concerning.
this is happening after a week. that's the problem this didn't happen earlier...
banding issue is slightly visible on 3pass printing. but no issue with 4 - 8 pass and i think the reason is it's consume more ink and it's really hard to dry (printer has front heaters and fans)

mpn

Never had a printer that big but I've had printheads that were bad out of the box. Just because it's new doesn't mean it's working.