• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Branding

p3

So, I'm in the process of writing a few pieces about branding, what it is, how to do it, benefits of investing in your brand and a lot more. This is my first real post. The whole reason I am doing this is because I feel like I have a pretty good understanding. I can explain in person, but I want to get better at my writing. So I apologize if this first go around is kind of choppy and makes little sense. Let me know what you think, good or bad. Your opinions on branding. Any feed back is great. Also, I will have a new text tutorial coming out hopefully tomorrow!

http://brandonaldred.com/?p=641

HulkSmash

another important thing, and possibly the most important thing you forgot to mention is target audience.

qmr55

Few good points, tough to read simply because it does not grab my attention (no pun intended). Missing some major points though.

p3

Yes. was basic. Part 1. Target audience is more along the lines of marketing. This is more of what a brand is. It's the feelings that are attached with those things when people see them. It's what people say about you and how they interact - regardless of the audience. I will be getting more and more into what it is and the marketing side of it too. Haven't been able to work on the future posts really been swamped with getting promotional stuff together for some big races we have and labor day sales and things.

HulkSmash

Yes. was basic. Part 1. Target audience is more along the lines of marketing. This is more of what a brand is. It's the feelings that are attached with those things when people see them. It's what people say about you and how they interact - regardless of the audience. I will be getting more and more into what it is and the marketing side of it too. Haven't been able to work on the future posts really been swamped with getting promotional stuff together for some big races we have and labor day sales and things.

Your brand is geared and created through figuring out a target audience. I'd say that should be step 1.

phototec

Brand is the name, design, symbol, that identifies one seller's product from others

Brand is the "name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller's product distinct from those of other sellers" Initially, Branding was adopted to differentiate one person's cattle from another's by means of a distinctive symbol burned into the animal's skin with a hot iron stamp, and was subsequently used in business, marketing and advertising. A modern example of a brand is Coca Cola which belongs to the Coca-Cola Company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

:thumb:

p3

LOL, your guys' responses are precisely why I'm doing these blog articles. To give more explanation. Your marketing efforts target your specific audience. Yes, your different areas of branding - logos, colors and all that are noticed because of how they make people feel. A logo doesn't survive just on it's own. You could create a good logo, or a horrible logo, but if you back up what your company is about, then people relate to the logo and get a sense of feeling from it. They find trust in it. Knowing your target audience isn't usually step one because you would need to figure out how you are going to brand your product. If you try to force a brand down someone's throat, and make it stick to a particular audience, it most likely isn't going to survive because it's not genuine.

I did start out thinking the same thing as you guys are saying now. But starting this ChicoKini bikini sales thing, my main goal was just to provide great service. Service would provide the income. If you ordered a bikini and it was wrong, I just ship a new one. No need to deal with a return, shipping, restocking - all costs much more than just sending a new one and resolving the issues, people love this. Next, I wanted the price to be on the low end with a higher end feel. The colors / packaging and all that relates to Victorias Secret - which attracts every demographic and aspect of women, except these are bikinis people can afford. After I hashed out all of what i wanted to do with ChicoKini and how I wanted to approach it, then I actually started looking where to market. My target audience for advertising interesting enough was 35+ females. The bikini's I sell are ones that younger girls want (18/25) along with older women which I was advertising at. So it appeals to everyone, it was just nailing the target audience to advertise to, in order for this to spread like wild fire. Those 35+ year olds seemed to be the best fit due to kids/income/and friends & gossip and it got some talk going. So what I have is a product/service that is for anyone, not a specific audience but my marketing efforts were targeted at a specific group. But everyone relates to the look and feel because I tried to base if off something everyone knows as quality.

The main point though is that the colors/look/feel along with the service or whatever interactions are what create the brand. People identify with it because it makes them feel a certain way. I could just throw the colors out there, but it's not going to stick. Just like anyone you come into contact with on a daily basis. We are all our own brands, yet you remember some people and even talk about them with friends and family while you forget others. Some people make you feel good, some people don't - you know these people, the ones you can trust and ones you don't count on. It's no different than a company, a logo is just something that holds those feelings of the interactions you had with whatever product or service was offered, rather than a face.