• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brands of the World issue?

amulle

We use Brands of the World a lot like I'm sure a lot of you do. We ran into this issue today when attempting to download any logo. After clicking download, you get a message that reads

"Thank you for using Brands of the World for your logo needs. This site is made possible thanks to contributions from people like you who upload vector logos for designers, so we can reproduce brands on artworks correctly and with high quality. Please consider uploading any vector logos that you have and not available on Brands of the World here."

No download window ever pops up. I've tried other browsers with the same results.

Does anybody else have this issue or have any insight to this?

Thanks!
Alfred

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It come up for me just fine using FireFox browser and your link.

attachment.php

Attachments

• botw.jpg
    botw.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 179

w2csa

Just tried the site, it says its currently under maintenance.
used it yesterday afternoon OK

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I desperately try not to use it and only do so as an absolute last resort because probably 50% or more of the time that I've ever tried, what I get from there is not quite "official" and has colors wrong or is just a poorly done copy. Aside from that I just tried and no go for me either. I get the same message but I never actually get prompted to save the file.

Chasez

Just tried it and I got the same message and couldn't download the file (firefox). I even logged into my account there and tried to download it and get the same message. Try clearing the cookies and cache in your browser and try again. I know with airline flights the more you look at them the price increases over the amount of views and clearing those will bring it back down.

Side note, funny thing; searched for nike as a test on it and there was nothing.

Chaz

J Hill Designs

I desperately try not to use it and only do so as an absolute last resort because probably 50% or more of the time that I've ever tried, what I get from there is not quite "official" and has colors wrong or is just a poorly done copy. Aside from that I just tried and no go for me either. I get the same message but I never actually get prompted to save the file.

+1

first course of action for me is finding a company made pdf
second course is contact marketing
third is charge for redraw

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I'll also echo warnings about Brands of the World.

First of all, a LOT of the major brand artwork they carry is not official artwork from the given large company. Very often the artwork is re-created by logo fans. Not only might the artwork be a bit inaccurate or even out of date, but any colors specified may not be correct either. And proper color specs are a really major issue.

My process typically goes like this: if I'm in a hurry I'll do like J Hill Designs does and find a company PDF with a vector logo I can snag just to get the design up and running. BUT, I always request official vector art, color specs and other pertinent use guidelines from the company. Big companies shouldn't have too much problem providing this.

If I end up having to re-create a company logo it is usually from a small business who originally, mistakenly had someone built up their logo in pixel form within Photoshop.

Another thing that scares me about Brands of the World: malware threats.

So many things offered for free on the Internet have users tip toeing through a minefield just to get to the goodies. IIRC, Brands of the World is hosted over in Russia. I remember when it was operated out of the logotypes.ru web site. Russian web sites are notorious for serving up malware. Maybe Brands of the World is operating completely on the up and up, but I'm not messing around taking chances with it. You'll never know when some ad in one of the columns is quietly delivering some kind of sinister payload to your machine.

visual800

It didnt work for me yesterday or today either. Somethings wrong. The aite comes up but no download