• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bread Truck

DeeHutch

Getting ready to wrap one off these. What's the best way to print? I'm assuming horizontally? Should I try to go above and below the big piece going down the middle and then print a piece separate for that piece?

Any suggestions so are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 603

TimToad

I always find it easier to go with vertical panels as if you are hanging wallpaper. Starting at the back and working forward, so your overlaps are not facing into the wind. I find it harder to get a long horizontal seam to match over the entire length versus multiple vertical seams where the pieces are more manageable in size.

DeeHutch

I do print / install that way if working on a Utility Van or box truck. On trucks and small cars, i'll print horizontally. I'm just afraid that if I print this one vertically, that big bar in the middle is gonna cause me problems. I may be wrong though....didn't know if anyone that's actually wrapped one had any pointers.

Sidney

Vertical would be my vote

Vertical would be much easier because you have a lot less gravity and sagging of the material working against you.

DeeHutch

Ok, vertical it shall be! Thank you both for the comments. If anyone else cares to share personal experience with one of these, I'll welcome it. I'll start printing on Wednesday.. Thanks!

DeeHutch

Printing will be delayed a day or two. Did anyone with any experience in these bread trucks care to offer up any advice? We really appreciate it!

Wraps ink

both

I would do the box part (right behind the door) horizontal and the cab portion vertical. Use the door jam to break the seam. install will be twice as fast

formanek

It doesn't get much easier than these. Only print horizontal if you are worried about seams (cars) and you have help installing. I work alone even on semi trailers so print everything vertical.

personally i would give them the option, tell them an additional charge for horizontal, or vertical, i like doing them horizontal, roll the material up, have someone hold the roll, unroll 5 feet, pull back liner, squeegee on, then unroll 5 more feet,
my 2 cents

HulkSmash

personally i would give them the option, tell them an additional charge for horizontal, or vertical, i like doing them horizontal, roll the material up, have someone hold the roll, unroll 5 feet, pull back liner, squeegee on, then unroll 5 more feet,
my 2 cents

You'd charge extra to do it the wrong way?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You'd charge extra to do it the wrong way?

Colorado,
if you were doing just the top above the bar would you break it down into multiple 52/54" panels or do the whole thing in one shot?
We normally do vertical panels on all the busses but we did a 42ft Vanhool with 2 long panels on each side.
The break ran all the way down the side of bus at the top of the cargo doors. Seemed much easier than multiple seams every 52 inches.
Seems like a similar setup with the bread truck

vanhool.jpg
I'm not trying to be a smartass, asking because you guys do way more wraps than most on here.

wayne k
guam usa

phototec

Colorado,
if you were doing just the top above the bar would you break it down into multiple 52/54" panels or do the whole thing in one shot?
We normally do vertical panels on all the busses but we did a 42ft Vanhool with 2 long panels on each side.
The break ran all the way down the side of bus at the top of the cargo doors. Seemed much easier than multiple seams every 52 inches.
Seems like a similar setup with the bread truck

View attachment 103167
I'm not trying to be a smartass, asking because you guys do way more wraps than most on here.

wayne k
guam usa

Wayne, can you provide a close-up photo of the seam between the top and bottom panels?

Thanks