• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Breaking apart outlines/paths form objects in Illustrator

I am still new to Illy, but this is starting to get on my nerves. when I ever a path or outline on an object or font, I can't get it path or outline to break free of the object so I can have each color separate so i can send it to my plotter.
on my pc, i work in corel and this process is super easy. I contour which I know is ofset path in illy,then I hit break contour apart and the contour sprats so I can move it, trim, weld etc. I have tried every thing and still can figure out how to get the same effect in illustrator. please help because I can really afford to loose and more hair. I have been still designing in corel and the importing the eps file to illustrator and then send to my cutter. but thats not why I got the new mac. thanks

lexsigns

illy is the most annoying program! - dont think it was designed with plotters in mind... and why does it take 3 steps to do what corel or signlab will do in 1??

sorry I dont have an answer for you I only use it when forced to

Okay I think I got what I was trying to do thanks for the help. the expand command was the droid I was looking for. I am anxiously awaiting my class room in a book. here is a what I was trying to accomplish but i took me way more steps that corel. wow

Attachments

• sample.jpg
    sample.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 222