• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brian @ Bink Designs

binkdesigns

Hey everyone I just came across this forum randomly a week ago and I really like everyones criticism on all aspects of the design industry.

My Company Bink Designs is located in San Diego, Ca and focuses on
Identity • Print • Web • Vinyl • Video • Apparel

I will try to contribute to this forum and hope to learn new things as well.

Here is my 1st B&W newspaper ad that I just finished tonight.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Size 10.5x6.5 Half Page Newspaper Ad

See you guys on the Forum!

Brian Binkert
Bink Designs
www.binkdesign.com

Last edited:

2NinerNiner2

Bonjour de Montréal, Brian :)
salut.gif

...the ad looks great! :)

Cheers!
Lyle

RJ California

Welcome from the center part of the state :Welcome:

Nice ad layout. :thumb: Seems a little heavy on the info for a small ad though.

binkdesigns

Welcome from the center part of the state :Welcome:

Nice ad layout. :thumb: Seems a little heavy on the info for a small ad though.

Well it's a 10.5x6.5 Half page ad, so it's pretty big. I also told the client it was heavy on info, but you sometimes have to do what the client wants to make him happy:biggrin:

RJ California

Yeah, didn't mean to sound critical, just an observation. You handled all that info that your client gave you very well. Good luck with your design agency.

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
The email is missing the g in contracting. I only looked at this because it is hard to read. Serpentine is not the easiest font to read at that size and the black on the darker gray may get lost. Also keep in mind that some newspapers have coarse line screens so the small outlined letters and fine details may get lost. But then I haven't done a newspaper ad in a long time so that may have changed.

Oh, and welcome to the boards

binkdesigns

The email is missing the g in contracting. I only looked at this because it is hard to read. Serpentine is not the easiest font to read at that size and the black on the darker gray may get lost. Also keep in mind that some newspapers have coarse line screens so the small outlined letters and fine details may get lost. But then I haven't done a newspaper ad in a long time so that may have changed.

Oh, and welcome to the boards

Thanks doctor for catching that, I just caught the mistype this morning before I read this. Thanks for the advice on the black type on the dark grey. I just printed it out and was thinking the same thing, I will probaby change it to a light grey.