• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brian Block

thenewbie

Anyone else ever experience this?? I'm sitting at my pc, attempting to layout a sign, and nothing comes to mind :banghead:. What are some things that you guys/gals do to get over the hump??

I could go fishing but I would get caught by the wife (she scares me) and it's suppose to rain, sigh...Well back to it :rock-n-roll:

JBusch260

Who's Brian?

J/K. Usually for brain block, stepping away for a few minutes to do something else will help. Kinda shifts the brain to focus on that, and then hopefully refreshing itself when you return. Either that, or look at other people's examples and re-evaluate what direction you want to go. My two cents...

PRS Bryan

Look at other peoples work.

The intent is not to copy what you see, but to open your brain to other possibilities.

Regardless, I would still go fishing. The wife's wrath and a little rain never stopped me.

Marlene

+1 to look at other people works not to copy but to get your "Brian" or brain going again. look at movie posters online too as there are good uses of fonts and colors in them. go on facebook and look at stupid stuff your friends post as it is relaxing. then go fishing

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Simple Fix...

Type the topic of the sign job in Google Images, and voila! After 10 minutes of looking at other peoples work, ideas are popping into my head like crazy.

rjssigns

Unless it is a slam dunk simple design I go to the sketch book. Sketching out roughs gets other parts of the brain going. Doesn't matter if you can sketch well or not. I certainly can't, but it tends to eliminate the "blockage".

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just do something else..... anything, just get your mind off what you're trying to do.

Trying to force it, will just p!ss ya off more and you'll get frustrated, Then you'll do something stoopid, get p!ssed at that and get even more frustrated. Then you'll go home and gripe at the scary lady and p!ss her off and then you'll go fishing cause ya just got kicked out and when you don't catch anything, you'll still be p!ssed off and then you'll eventually go to sleep with this crap running through your brian how you wasted a day for nothing..... then that'll p!ss ya off and you'll go into work tomorrow all tired and p!ssed off and then suddenly, it'll come to ya. Hey, I'll just have Tommy do this layout and I'll go for a drink. Good Grief.... does this sound familiar.............. :banghead:

Bly

That's a laugh.

My name is Brian and I couldn't count the number of times people have emailed me as "Brain".