• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bright Chrome

Colorburst

I'm looking for a good Bright Chrome metallic vinyl. Long lasting, scratch resistant, etc. Any suggestions? What about vinyl vs metallized polyester?
Thanks

artsnletters

if i'm not mistaken ALL chrome "vinyl" is metalized polyester. And it all sucks. Hard to weed, tears where you don't want it to, turns shitty too soon in the elements, hard as hell to remove after 3 yrs unless on glass, anything else?
Tim

W

wetgravy

all chrome is a polyester based "vinyl" ... more a plastic than a pvc rubber like vinyl. This also includes your brushed aluminums, diamond plates and even some of the confetti vinyls. Chome vinyl will never be scratch resistant (even the real stuff peels like a banana and is prone to the easiest of scratching) and has a max life of 1 year before outside elements start to affect it (heat and cold making the polyester milky, sand/wind/rain scratching the surface or atleast burnishing them (and if directly head on into the wind breaking the letters apart), etc. pretty much just present the hassles of dealing with chrome to the client and tell them that it's an INTERIOR product or sell them signgold i know it comes in white gold at times. (3 times as expensive but can last 10 years no problem.)