• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bright orange is printing faded pink

proline51

good evening all, my problem is this- i downloaded a picture of orange camo off of google images, the orange is bright safety orange. when i send to versaworks it prints the first half to 3/4 of an inch fine, then the rest of the print looks like a faded pink camo. tried to print a scaled down size of the image and same thing. i have not had a problem with printing downloaded images before, any ideas?

thank you in advance for any help!

kanini

If you rotate the picture 180 degrees and print the bottom first, is the fade on the same part of the image or does it move?

proline51

i will try that when i get back home kanini, didn't think of that. and markus i was wondering that too, i didn't know if there was such a thing, never came across something like that yet.

thanks for the help so far, i will check into these tonite when i get home.

DizzyMarkus

I have gotten some that have lines appear through it when printed or all black square etc.

Worth a check :0)

Markus

proline51

ok i got it somewhat figured out, when i did a test print there was no yellow, everything else was fine ( with a couple drop outs in each other color). pulled the yellow cartridge, tipped it up and down a few times and reinserted. then did a manual cleaning, did a test print and all was good. printed a scaled down version of the image and whalla it was printing perfect. THEN -- i scaled the image back up to full size and started printing, the image started looking faded very light orange, so i did a test print and there were lots of dropouts with 4 full columns of yellow and magenta missing right next to each other, did a medium clean and everything looks good except the last four yellow and the first four magenta rows are almost completely gone.

i am stumped and currently reading through the manual, once again any help would be greatly appreciated, i am 3.5 hours from a technician. so that is an expensive last resort if need be.

JKL