• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bright Orange using Versacamm?

landdesigns

Looking for a bright orange using my versacamm, I'm using Coreldraw and Versaworks, but I can't seem to get a bright orange, the one I print seem to be dull and faded?

Mosh

I am at home so I can't give you an exact color number, but we can get a fairly bright orange. Not a flouecent by any means, but it matches Home Depot's bright orange color pretty close. Print out a corel CMYK color chart and it will give you guide of what your printer can do, it is a great reference to go off of.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Nature of cmyk solvent printing. Limited color gamut.

Profiles and rendering intent play a big role. Have you looked into the Roland Color/ Spot color matching.

3bgraphics

yeah i have read and read about this, and i cant get anything to work. getting frustrating!. cmyk at 0 60 100 0 is the closest i have gotten. would love for someone to figure this out!

I agree with using the Roland Color System of spot colors, with the Max Impact Color Management Preset.

TresL

The Roland color is about as close as you will get. It matches the factory KTM graphics VERY well.

I do about 3-4 sets of KTM graphics a week. No complaints yet.

ozzy666

1.See your gamut available by printing Color library......
2.Use dedicated orange and green option
3.It is difficult to get real orange from Eco-Solmax coz magenta is not reddish but violet plus very weak.

fastsigns366

Hitting Specific Colors

I explain our printing process to my customers like this, say you got a 64 box of Crayons and a 6 pack of crayons...well the 6 pack is my C,M,Y,K, Lc, Lm ink colors, so I can't hit all the colors in the world of color....I have done tons of work for Home Depot and it's nearly impossible to hit PMS 165 Orange even with Max Impact setting...that's why I still send my screenprinter a nice Christmas card each year!

mustafade

ABout Hitting Specific Colors

Hello everyone,

I see everyone is talking about hitting the correct color, in this instance PMS 165.
Has anyone here done or familiar with calibration process? or how often you guys do calibrate your printers?
How are you trying to match PMS 165? Are using PMS solid swatch book by PANTONE? Are you trying to match using a PMS to CMYK book by PANTONE.

We are a commercial sheet fed printer and we do use both of those books I mentioned. They are quite diffrent from one to another as far as color compressing.

Which one of the books you are trying to match your ORANGE color?

If you are trying to match to SOLID PMS book you will never achieve the results you are trying to accomplish.

If you are trying to match to PMS to CMYK book you will get close with uncalibrated (non-linearized) printer.

However with a calibrated (linearized) printer, (depending on you "delta E" achievement) you will hit every color in the PMS to CMYK book dead on every time day i day out.

You might be already doing all this all I know, but I have not seen anyone mentioning calibrating and what kind of PMS books being used in the process.

Demir

I explain our printing process to my customers like this, say you got a 64 box of Crayons and a 6 pack of crayons...well the 6 pack is my C,M,Y,K, Lc, Lm ink colors, so I can't hit all the colors in the world of color....I have done tons of work for Home Depot and it's nearly impossible to hit PMS 165 Orange even with Max Impact setting...that's why I still send my screenprinter a nice Christmas card each year!

That is a good analogy to use with customers.

However, upon further testing, when using the Roland Color System, the color management preset used is irrelevant, as the RCS bypasses ICC-based color management settings (for those colors only) such as working space and rendering intent.

landdesigns

Here's a video on the Roland Color System and Corel Draw that might be helpful:

http://support.rolanddga.com/docs/D.../Videos/Using Roland Color with CorelDRAW.mp4

If you are using the latest version of Corel Draw, the library is actually pre-loaded, but there may still be some tips in the video that will help.

As always, feel free to call tech support at (800) 542-2307 (press '2') if you have any questions.

Where do I download the libary palette mentioned in this video?

landdesigns

i found the color chart ,looking for the Roland Color matching system palette macro to import into coreldraw as seen in video?