• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bringing a head back to life

DCSMITH

Ok i know this is highly unlikely but does anyone know of a way to fix a head on a jv33 that is leaking black through all other channels im pretty sure the head is shot and have a new one ordered just curious to see if i can fix it thanks!!

Kathi Hauser

Sign Girl
Ok i know this is highly unlikely but does anyone know of a way to fix a head on a jv33 that is leaking black through all other channels im pretty sure the head is shot and have a new one ordered just curious to see if i can fix it thanks!!

Heads a touchy to 'fix'
Too much psi and your blow it.
On some printers if you try to run a bad head it can damage a board, pop a fuse...
I would just keep the lines from drying and wait for the new head.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If black is coming out of all the channels, either the inside of the head is damaged, which is not repairable, or your maintenance parts are failing. Check the pump tubes from the cap top all the way to the waste tubes to make sure they aren't clogged or leaking. If the tubes are clogged it will cause cross contamination. It's rare that cross contamination happens in all of the channels but if things are really clogged it wouldn't be impossible for that to be your issue.

brightbanner

i like vivid color
If black is coming out of all the channels, either the inside of the head is damaged, which is not repairable, or your maintenance parts are failing. Check the pump tubes from the cap top all the way to the waste tubes to make sure they aren't clogged or leaking. If the tubes are clogged it will cause cross contamination. It's rare that cross contamination happens in all of the channels but if things are really clogged it wouldn't be impossible for that to be your issue.

Yes, if it is sure the printer head damaged, Epson heads are not repairable.

Brent