• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bringing in an AI File???

themadsigntist

I have a customer that brought me an PDF file to make a banner with but when I opened in my AI program it wasnt what he created. Is that because the image should have been flattened or rasterized before he saved it in PDF? Any Suggestions?

Thanks,
The Mad Signtist, LLC

mpn

You could have them try it with a flattened / rasterized copy and see if that works. Have them save their original artwork though.

GB2

Old Member
What do you mean it wasn't what he created? Try placing the file in Illustrator and not opening it.

themadsigntist

It opens in illustrator but it bleeds over the border lines. Hope that makes sense. He created it in Illustrator, saved as PDF, we open in illustrator and it bleeds over the boarders.

MikePro

saving as a .pdf from illustrator creates a "clipping mask" using the original Illustrator's artboard.
anything outside of that gets clipped, anything inside of it gets grouped into a mess within the clipping mask.

preferable to save as an .ai or .eps, and even converting strokes/text to outlines if possible, for ease of transferring the file between illustrator platforms.