Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bringing my pnc-1000 back from dead....

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Vohaul, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Vohaul

Vohaul Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Calgary alberta
    so, i have this old pnc-1000 camm1 macvhine sitting around...so i figured id try and get it working for small cut only jobs that my xr-640 wont need to do...

so i got the dr. stika for testing, hooked it up to a usb/parralell cable./.and it works..yay....the only thing is that it seems like i have to hold down the lock lever in order for it to initialize...as soon as i let go, it says sheet unloaded and resets....cuts beautifully though...maybe even better than the xr-640..lol....

any one have any ideas.....

Thanks

Paul

Tags:
  2. Ian Stewart-Koster

Ian Stewart-Koster Active Member

Sep 27, 2003
    Qld, Australia
    No idea at all - except I posted many hours of typed instructions here about 10+ years ago, for people who had problems.
    If you search and read that, it ought to help.
    Failing that, give the machine away... We still have one that works fine- just slow, noisy, and limited to 150 cm length, or 5 ft.
    PLUS you need to get media trimmed to 20" wide.

I plot straight out of Corel Draw, via Print preview, as long as all lines are hairline outlines.
    you just need to install the driver as a printer.

3. Bergalhu

Bergalhu New Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Portugal
    Hi Paul. I had the same problem years ago but in a PNC 1100 model. If I remember it right, it's in the lever end that touches the bar for locking both rollers to hold the vinyl down. At the end of the lever there's a kind of cam piece that forces the bar down and eventually it wears up and causes a minor gap that doesn't make the necessary force for the sensor ( I think ) to recognize correctly. I don't remember though how did I solved it at the time but I know I've improvised something that became a permanent fix.
    I've been given last week 2 CAMM 1 plotters that have troubles. One PNC 1000 that gives pinch roll error no matter were they are placed. A PNC 1100 that doesn't recognize the sheet vinyl. Any clues someone? Already asked Ian this weekend in another very old thread for the user and service manuals to see if I can also bring them from death...
    Hope it helps you,

Vitor

4. 7oaks

7oaks Active Member

Aug 12, 2004
    LOUISIANA
    I have a PNC 1000 or 1000A running when I put it away. Free for freight if you want it.

Ken

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bergalhu

Bergalhu New Member

Mar 8, 2019
    Portugal
    7oaks7oaks
    Sorry, were you refering to me in the previous post? I didn't quite understand what you said tough...
    Cheers