• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bringing sp540v out of storage

BROWNDOG

as the title says i'm bringing a sp540v out of storage, and the test print produces nothing.
i put all 4 cleaning cartridges in. tried a medium and powerful cleaning.
while in manual cleaning mode and the carriage to the left i was able to pull ink thru the lines, and changed the dampers? white piece between head and lines?
the caps do not seem to be clogged, I was able to push and pull cleaner through them and the pump without the heads in place.
with the head in place i cant pull any ink through at the pump.
whats next, is there a way to test the head itself?

Robert M

Heads

You may want to plug the lines from the caps to the pump so you can fill the cap tops with cleaning solution. That way you can soak the heads in the solution. Or pull the heads out and put them in a 1/8" bath of cleaning solution. Get a syringe with a flexible tube that will fit over the nipple on the head. Gently try to push cleaning solution through the head. All else fails I have those heads on my site
www.solventinkjet.com