• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Briteline lam. Defective?

ironchef

Got a roll of briteline lamination, gloss calander with uv protection... Used almost the whole roll, made 300 laminated signs. Waited a full day before laminating. And on some areas i got bubbles, wasnt the beginning of the roll, happened in different areas thru out. So have you guys seen this? Is it the briteline lam thats bad? I got 30 out if 300 that came out bad, about 50 sqft.

Attachments

• image-3085807104.jpg
    image-3085807104.jpg
    354.3 KB · Views: 134
  • image-261303126.jpg
    image-261303126.jpg
    371 KB · Views: 116

CS-SignSupply

Have you contacted the distributor for assistance?

So the beginning of the roll showed no issues? Was the entire roll sent through the laminator at the same speed? Was heat assist involved?

Curious about the laminator, brand, make, model?

What printer/ink was used here?

Did the air bubbles show up immediately or after a few hours?

ironchef

Havent contacted them yet, ss21 inks, the bubbles happened in batches yes, so i must have missed it while lamming, did a roll to roll set up, the rest are fine except two areas where they git bubbles, i still finished by trimming and cutting, and took out the bad ones, i just finished laminating and cutting the ones i printed yesterday to replace them. Came out perfect, i dont think it was me because it happened in random areas during lamination. Oh i got a 65in us tech la650 pro

MikeH

Did the roll of lam lay on a flat surface? Or do you stand them on end? Is there a frequency to the bubbles?

ironchef

Stand up, us tech gets rebranded into many other brands. I noticed them when i layed it out on the table for trimming. It happened in like 3 areas, 2 of them being the larger areas, and it was random, as in there was good product in between.

wmshuman

Same thing used to happen to me when I used FDC films. Speaking of which, isn't Briteline a rebranded FDC film?

J

john1

Been using this laminate for a few years, No issues and i lam right after printing with a big squeegee. Looks like a laminating error IMO

Mosh

Never used the lam...but I would only use brightline vinyl on short term banners....That might be a clue to how I feel.

J

john1

Never had a problem with the BriteLine stuff. It's General Formulations but recently switched to Avery rebranded.

Use it for short short term stuff, It shrinks a lot.

customcreations

Well I am having problems with the lam shrinking like crazy. Put it over some 3m IJ35-10 and it has failed. It is shrinking back from the edges. Got to call them today. I am having trouble finding a lam that I like.