• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Briteline Multigrip

Owen Signcraft

We've just started using this Briteline Multigrip for wall murals recently and until now haven't had any issues. Our latest job has started to lift only a few days after install. It appears to be lifting at an overlap seam. Upon further inspection both overlaps seams (its a 3 panel mural) are starting to lift. Worth noting that the left and right ends of the graphic, along with top and bottom do not seem to be lifting. Only where the material overlaps appears to be an issue. Anyone have any advise on how to fix/avoid this issue going forward?

Attachments

• Multigrip Failing Issue.jpg
    Multigrip Failing Issue.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 57

Dluckz

We have used this material, mainly as distancing floor graphics in the past, I would think because the textured "grip" on the surface is possibly what could be causing the material not being able to stick to itself. Yet, if you have had success in the past....not quite sure. Is a butt seam an option? May cause a slight gap from shrinking over time, but could be better than full lifting at the overlaps. If a possibility, there is a chance you could take a straight edge on site, carefully cut through both layers in between overlap, peel upper layer away, and untuck/pull beneath layer out and reset.

Modern Ink Signs

Premium Subscriber
That is a product that is really meant for floors in my opinion.

Don’t use Briteline. Garbage. I used this stuff in the past. Never again.

Short term, removable try GF 226. Installs well on most flat wall surfaces. Just make sure area is clean. I’ve used 100s of rolls for temp wall murals.

If permanent go 180.

Always tell your client about the possibility of wall damage with removal with ANY product.