• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Briteline Shield laminate vs. Big Squeegee

Out There

I love my big squeegee, use it daily. However, if you ever feel the temptation to go cheap and buy Briteline's shield laminate. Don't use the BS. the thin paper backing will not push out ahead of the BS.

Another lesson learned:banghead:

JERHEMI

I used Briteline laminate all the time on my Seal laminator to laminate vinyl then mount laminated vinyl onto substrate using the Big Squeegee everyday! Piece of cake!

dj_elite

Never used it, but it sounds similar to the Oracal backing paper. Not too bad once you get the hang of it. Just got to pull the backing paper as you squeegee.

gabagoo

it can be very tricky and really **** you off.
I found with the big squeggee you needed lam like the concept series from general formulations which has a very thick liner.

now mind you that same concept laminate using a laminator is real fun as it has to be the most static product I have ever used.

Snapping and volts of lightning penetrate your body as you peel off the backing paper as the graphic goes through the laminator...ouch!!1 give me the thin $%$#

J

john1

use this lam all the time with the BS.

You have to pull the backing as you glide.