Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken card reader circuit inside Mutoh 1204

Discussion in 'Mutoh' started by manu, Nov 18, 2013.

1. manu

manu Member

May 30, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    Hello,

I have read error when I insert a Magenta ink cart in my Mutoh 1204. I looked inside the ink cart opening with a flashlight and I saw that the little electronic chip that read the card is broken inside the printer.
    Where can I buy this part? is it easy to replace?

If not is it possible to remove the ink card requirement of the printer? I use bulk ink so it's kind of a pain to replace the cards all the time.

Thanks for the help

Tags:
  2. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Kansas
    Ink ID Board Assembly, at least that's what they are named for a Mutoh 1604. A little tricky, but not difficult.

3. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Kansas
    Why do you print with the cards installed? I use a cartridge that contacts that part inside the machine and has an external port for the card. After the machine is booted up, I remove the smart card.

4. manu

manu Member

May 30, 2012
    Clearwater, FL
    here is the picture of the broken part
    mutoh_broken.jpg

5. guitarguy69

guitarguy69 Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Kansas
    That's the guy, for other models the part # is DF-43968, chances are they are the same part. If you need help getting one, let me know. Also, if you are using the bulk cartridges that has a contact to that part inside, with the card being installed on the outside, remove the cards before printing. Just don't do it during a print or when information is being read. Do after initialize and save $.