• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken card reader circuit inside Mutoh 1204

manu

Hello,

I have read error when I insert a Magenta ink cart in my Mutoh 1204. I looked inside the ink cart opening with a flashlight and I saw that the little electronic chip that read the card is broken inside the printer.
Where can I buy this part? is it easy to replace?

If not is it possible to remove the ink card requirement of the printer? I use bulk ink so it's kind of a pain to replace the cards all the time.

Thanks for the help

guitarguy69

Why do you print with the cards installed? I use a cartridge that contacts that part inside the machine and has an external port for the card. After the machine is booted up, I remove the smart card.

manu

here is the picture of the broken part
mutoh_broken.jpg

guitarguy69

That's the guy, for other models the part # is DF-43968, chances are they are the same part. If you need help getting one, let me know. Also, if you are using the bulk cartridges that has a contact to that part inside, with the card being installed on the outside, remove the cards before printing. Just don't do it during a print or when information is being read. Do after initialize and save $.