• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken usb dongle for flexi, how much to get a new one

tomence

I broke my usb dongle and was wondering how can i get a new one, Is there gonna be any charge to obtain a new dongle or flexi guys should hook me up for free. Thank you.

elsignshop

i lost mine at one point and i called them and they wanted my to buy the whole flexisign pro again. u might want to call where u bought it from and ask. i bought mine at (signwarehouse.com)

signage

If you have the old one they will most likely want a couple of hundred to replace it, if you do not have it you must repurchase software!

schramm

I would call Flexi direct and talk to them as I had a issue (not with a broke or lost dongle key) and they were great! My issue was I just bought new software and at the time had a PC and decided on my first visit to an Apple store that I was going to change everything to Mac! Of course the software did not work with Mac and when calling Flexi I was greeted by the greatest company that sent me a download for the same version in Mac and my dongle key worked perfectly. They are good people, they just may want the broken key before replacing but my money is on the fact that they will help you!

tomence

I just don't get it why do you have to pay for something that has been already paid for. I have the serial number i have all the cd's and manuals i mean sh$t happens it broke and i need a new one. I will call them tomorrow and see what happens.

signage

You are paying for the dongle and the programing of it! It is something that you broke not something defective!

Flubber

dongle

I just recently got a new usb dongle it only cost me $105.00 plus shipping......
give these guys a call at GraphixDirect they also have a web site.... Great people with fast service!!

GraphixDirect
Valerie Hook
714-428-0060 office
714-442-2400 fax

schramm

I'm telling you, I may be wrong but Flexi is a great company and I am pretty sure they will help you out.

iSign

I just don't get it why do you have to pay for something that has been already paid for. I have the serial number i have all the cd's and manuals i mean sh$t happens it broke and i need a new one. I will call them tomorrow and see what happens.
yeah right... I folded my magnetic sign & stored it in the trunk, under the spare tire... sh$t happens, it broke and i need a new one.

You are paying for the dongle and the programing of it! It is something that you broke not something defective!
+1

I'm telling you, I may be wrong but Flexi is a great company and I am pretty sure they will help you out.
yeah they are! "great" ...and a "company" ... when friends "help you out" that might mean free $h!t... but when a company "helps you out"... it still costs you money, because it costs them money...

tomence

My point is what if you lost it why would you have to buy the full software again. That's what i wanted to say in the post earlier. I know it costs them money so it's $105 no problem i will pay for it but why buy new software if you lost it.

schramm

Nothing in life is free but what I was saying was I doubt flex will make him rebuy the software.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think they would make him buy it again if it was reported lost or stolen.
Without the broken key to turn in they only have his word that he lost it and that it was not sold or traded to someone else.
I don't know about you guys but I have been ripped off far more times by fellow (local) sign men over regular off the street customers in the time I have been in business.

wayne k
guam usa

signage

My point is what if you lost it why would you have to buy the full software again. That's what i wanted to say in the post earlier. I know it costs them money so it's $105 no problem i will pay for it but why buy new software if you lost it.

Because it is what makes the software operational and many untrustworthy people would sell them and say they lost it so that someone else could have a working copy!

G-Artist

F.W.I.W. you can legally make a copy of your dongle to have as a backup as long as it is "noninfringing use" per 37 CFR Part 201 Exemption to Prohibition on Circumvention of Copyright Protection Systems for Access Control Technologies; Final Rule.

The amendment to the DMA probably includes a software work around such as a dongle emulator - can't say for certain.