• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brown Patina Metal Sheets?

ScottyAdams

Does anyone know a manufacturer that I can purchase sheets of Brown Patina metal that looks similar to copper brown patina but is either steel of another cheaper not so sought after metal. Customer wants that look but is afraid if its copper someone will attempt to steal it. It will be a outdoor store front sign with the logo cut out as a negative out of the sheet of metal. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Make a bitmap of the color and texture you're seeking and add a bump map, or whatever they call it in you're software, to it to give it a bit of texture. Print it and apply it to Dibond or whatever. Unless you climb right up on it, you won't be able to tell it from the real thing.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Might he be looking for corten steel? It rusts very quickly and makes signs look vintage.
It is brown, but it's sure not shiny.