• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bubbles in damper - sp330v

marleyjoeb

I lost my yellow...Upon cleaning in service mode I am seeing a stream of bubbles being sucked in to the damper from the ink side...- Do you think a damper replacement and a new o-ring will fix? joe

artbot

depends on the origin of the bubbles. if the bubbles are coming all the way down the ink lines from the carts, then the leak is further back at the cart. i'd start by trying out a different yellow cart. see if the issue persists. if you don't have another yellow cart, it might be worth having someone push the yellow cart in firmly and at the other end of the printer pull some yellow ink.

also when figuring out the issue, go ahead and pull the yellow damper and pull directly from the damper end. it will help you get a better idea of the amount of vacuum at that damper. also, pull some yellow ink until the damper is 75% full and let the damper dangle. come back about five minutes later to see if the line is holding or the yellow has receded.