Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Bubbles in PET Film Installed 2nd Surface

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by VicRep, Jan 24, 2020.

1. VicRep

VicRep New Member

Nov 21, 2017
    LA
    Hello.

I just can't figure out how to avoid getting air bubbles with this media. I've tried water, water/soap.
    Using a more flexible squeegee seems to help but not entirely. I would rather not have to spend time popping the bubbles. I feel like a thinner film would lay down better but cannot find.

Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    I'm not familiar with PET film, but just about every brand has clear printable vinyl.
    When I have to apply clear 2nd surface, I usually do it with 3M clear, wet it
    with a baby shampoo and water mixture & don't have many issues with bubbles.

3. Andy D

Andy D Very Active Member

Oct 20, 2014
    Hattiesburg, MS
    After I lay the wet vinyl down, I wet the other side and use a window squeegee to spread the vinyl out,
    and then go back and do a hard squeegee.

You're not applying transfer tape are you?

4. Boudica

Boudica Member

Dec 21, 2018
    Spokane, WA
    Not familiar with PET film, however I do know that when we wet apply clear vinyl or translucent to windows, sometimes it has little bubbles but they will dissipate over time.

• Agree Agree x 1