• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bubbles

decalman

I use lots of 651.
I get bubbles all the time, but why worry.
They go away here in Arizona , as long as it's in the sun.
I was led to believe , that the vinyl is porus.
It's got little air release holes. They always go away, but take lots of time in the shade.
I get worn out, trying to convince clients.
They usually think I'm lying.

After reading these post, I will try to improve my squeegee technique .
Cheers y'all

graywoulf

The use of application fluid always did the trick for me. I literally never had any bubbles that were showing after the vinyl application when using it. If by chance there was a small bubble resulting from a speck of dust or dirt then the fluid made lifting the vinyl to remove the object much easier. If the vinyl became slightly stretched from lifting it then I used a hair dryer to heat it causing it to shrink back to it's original shape. Reapplying more fluid to complete the application was a must. I always used the Rapid Tac brand fluid or made my own with a few drops of joy dish washing liquid added to a quart sprayer bottle filled with water. Also, a squeegee made of felt or a plastic squeegee wrapped with felt material works very well with the fluid and will not scratch the vinyl.