• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Bubbling Before Printing

Eforcer

This seems to happen a whole lot. I end up trashing yards of vinyl. It seems to bubble before even printing. I've tried with heat and then no heat..same &^%%T! Can anyone out there suggest anything?

TIA

Attachments

• Bubbling.JPG
    Bubbling.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 267

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like cheap stuff and probably not really any good for digital printing, even without the lifting.

MikePro

another thought could be that the vinyl has been sitting cold for a long time. Tis the season, warehouses/trucks/storagecontainers are freezing in the North this time of year.... and the quick-heating of the pre-print/cure may be causing this (most likely calendared) vinyl to rapidly expand.

Eforcer

Turn your heat settings down a bit on your printer, and try it.

Thanks for all the replies. I've tried it without any heat. at all. Same...But what Mikepro wrote might make some sense. Now I am trying to remember, if this happens only in the winter. I use rolls of vinyl in the summer. Not so much in winter.

Love this forum...

MikePro

easiest way to start, would be to diagnose whether its simply the media. you might get a few more credible troubleshoots if we knew the material and the printer at the start of the thread.

unknown avery vinyl could be the culprit, as that brand still carries a LOT of question marks for me. could also be something silly like adhesive/stickiness on your pinch rollers lifting vinyl off the liner as its traveling through the printer. ....and i rant.

Eforcer

easiest way to start, would be to diagnose whether its simply the media. you might get a few more credible troubleshoots if we knew the material and the printer at the start of the thread.

unknown avery vinyl could be the culprit, as that brand still carries a LOT of question marks for me. could also be something silly like adhesive/stickiness on your pinch rollers lifting vinyl off the liner as its traveling through the printer. ....and i rant.

This is the # MPI3320 I've purchase no namers for years, but what vinyl would you recommend?

TIA

MikePro

recommend? for what application and what printer? plenty of merchant members here with recommendations if you post the info.

Eforcer

recommend? for what application and what printer? plenty of merchant members here with recommendations if you post the info.

Mostly on coroplast some walls and windows. I've used the same for everything. Don't know if it's right or not but have survived for 12 years now : )

MikePro

MPI3320 seems to be listed as acceptable for all types of printers... gotta just be the old/cold calendared vinyl going thru hot printer.

Eforcer

I have a 2200 sq ft. location, but the site has "ABSOLUTELY NO INSULATION" So if it is 40 degrees outside, it's around 28-30 It's a refrigerator in winter and a stove in the summer. So let chalk it up to temp.

Best Forum!