• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bucket Truck Evaluation

Stallion Signs

Hi All!

Just wanted to take a quick second to introduce myself - I just started a sign business in Texas.

I am looking at a few different bucket trucks to purchase, and one has caught my eye.

It is a Wilkie 52XLR mounted on a 2013 Ford F550 with about 110,000 miles on it.

1) Is this a good/reliable truck & bucket
2) What sort of questions do I need to ask the seller
3) What information MUST I have before deciding either for or against the purchase
4) What do I need to inspect on the truck and lift before making my purchase decision.

I am sure I must have missed a few questions so feel free to provide me with any and all information on this subject.

Thanks for all the help!

Z SIGNS

I'm not an expert but here is my short version.I always found they are a combination of a few things.
Mostly the chassi,truck,unit and how it's been maintained. Look the truck over.
Common sense should give you most of the answers.You must have a reliable truck.
The lift..look at the hydraulics.What do the hoses look like? Any signs of leaking cylinders?Any oil in sight?
Take it for a test flight.
There is quite a bit more to owning bucket truck.
Good luck on your purchase
Be safe with that new toy.