• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

bucket truck tool tray

wildside

can anyone post any pics of how they have attached a tool tray to the bucket on their truck?

i am wanting to do a removeable tool tray, instead of bolting it on one side that way i can move it to the most convenient spot when working

i have researched and 100 bucks for a piece of plastic from altec seems awfully high

signage

John it works great! Can be place inside the bucket with you or outside! Holds tools and small parts!

John L

The previous owner of both of our buckets must have had these bags cause there has always been two stubby rounded hooks inside that look to be spaced about as far apart as those grommets are.

Cool!

visual800

When I got my truck it had compartments in the door and I was fine with that. well as usual I took the door off cause it was a PITA and then i had to start looking for bucket bags. My God, you would think I was asking for gold trim. They have a cheap supplier for everything but these things from what Ive seen. Im not paying for an altec bag they are way to high. I always have a toolbelt on anyway so that helps.Im still looking for a bag though

signage

Here's the best price I've seen!

Here's a picture of Skyhighs tool bag :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Notice no tools just food!

Attachments

• skyhigh tool bag.jpg
    skyhigh tool bag.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

John L

Just ordered on Amazon. Thanks again.

I went ahead and got the 2 hanging bag deal... sometimes I am hungry enough for a footlong during the day, and the one with the plastic bottom should hold the drinks on ice very nicely.

charleskowen

Tool Tray

Here is a diagram of the tool trays that we made with a metal break for our bucket trucks. These were made during rainy days with scrap aluminum. You can easily move them from one side of the bucket to the other and you can also take them all the way off for transport or bring them inside the shop for fab work.

If I had an unlimited amount of time, I would try to fab up some dividers because these guys always get filled to the top and the tool you need is always on the bottom.

Attachments

• bucket_box.png
    bucket_box.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:

MikePro

Aye, we fab our own from aluminum. Not removable but I don't see any reason it absolutely needs to be