• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buffalo Soldiers driving me crazy

ams

Trying to find a vector or good copy of this image and it's been impossible. Just need the guy. Any ideas?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bsmclogo.png
    bsmclogo.png
    231.3 KB · Views: 403
  • bs-logo-soft.gif
    bs-logo-soft.gif
    26.6 KB · Views: 271

ams

I bet vector doctor is expensive. I just need it for two magnets that are about 16" X 24". If the vector doctor guy charges like $50 then I break even on the job.

MMLLC

I would guess no more than $25 on the conversion. or you could spend your time and recreate it in Illustrator or try a software called vector magic!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I bet vector doctor is expensive. I just need it for two magnets that are about 16" X 24". If the vector doctor guy charges like $50 then I break even on the job.

Ya know, you don't deserve any help. All this help and guidance already.......... and all you do is conjecture on the guy is expensive. You didn't even ask. You're trying to save money to sell a cheap @ss set of magnets and can't get outta your own wallowing crap.

This is so typical of so many. B!tch and cry, but do nothing to help yourself. Just want the free handouts the kind people of this place are willing to give...... and then kick 'em in the teeth.

Go rot in some dark hot place............:doh:

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Ya know, you don't deserve any help. All this help and guidance already.......... and all you do is conjecture on the guy is expensive. You didn't even ask. You're trying to save money to sell a cheap @ss set of magnets and can't get outta your own wallowing crap.

This is so typical of so many. B!tch and cry, but do nothing to help yourself. Just want the free handouts the kind people of this place are willing to give...... and then kick 'em in the teeth.

:covereyes::popcorn:

Billct2

The Vector Doctor is not expensive, he is very reasonably priced.
But it sounds like you already sold the job without knowing what it would cost you, so good luck.

Z SIGNS

If you want save money

Print the image out.put it in your opaque projector.trace the image by hand make a pounce pattern then paint by number on the mag.
It will cost you nothing

ams

Poor wittle baybee, goes assuming things and picks fights because he/she is a crybaby.
I hate when they let kids on this forum. Grow up

Marlene

I just sent a job to him and it is costing me an "expensive" $16
how did you price this job without knowing how you were going to produce it? that just baffles me

DirtyD

Tell your customer the image looks like sh!t and they won't like the final product. Then tell them how much it will cost to look good..

If they don't want to pay more give them the sh!t logo...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

Not trying to be rude or beat up on you, but how can you sell a pair of 16 x 24 mags for $50? Have you calculated the amount of time you will have in these as well as the material cost?

Mag sheet, vinyl, ink, lamination, waste: 5.5 square feet @ $2.50 to $3.00 = $13.75 to $16.50 (call it $15.00)

Time to: Take order from client, setup custom art, create a layout/production file, print the job, laminate the job, mount the job, trim out the job, create an invoice, and collect for the job ... Got to be 2 to 3 hours involved to generate a gross profit of $35.00. By the time you pay yourself for your labor there's nothing left to cover overhead, equipment amortization and maintenance. In reality, you're losing money to do this job.

Speedsterbeast

Vector Doctor for sure.
This will make everyone get along

[video=youtube;S5FCdx7Dn0o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5FCdx7Dn0o[/video]

TimToad

Not trying to be rude or beat up on you, but how can you sell a pair of 16 x 24 mags for $50? Have you calculated the amount of time you will have in these as well as the material cost?

Mag sheet, vinyl, ink, lamination, waste: 5.5 square feet @ $2.50 to $3.00 = $13.75 to $16.50 (call it $15.00)

Time to: Take order from client, setup custom art, create a layout/production file, print the job, laminate the job, mount the job, trim out the job, create an invoice, and collect for the job ... Got to be 2 to 3 hours involved to generate a gross profit of $35.00. By the time you pay yourself for your labor there's nothing left to cover overhead, equipment amortization and maintenance. In reality, you're losing money to do this job.

I thought he stated that if he had to pay $50, he'd only break even?

I would assume that meant that he had $50 worth of profit built in which on a slightly bigger than average set of magnetics is pretty good.

Our local market is being driven down so hard that we just lost an $84 pair of 12"x 18" magnetics that needed to have a logo recreated and they didn't want to spend the extra $37.50 for that work to be done. So, the fools up the road can have it. They just bought the newest $30,000 62" Roland with all the bells and whistles in order to do more underpriced EVERYTHING like usual. When the words "LOW COST" and "BUDGET" are actually in your company name, its no surprise where your business model takes you.

Andy D

Really off subject, but does anyone else have Bob Marley's Buffalo Soldiers song stuck in their head now?