• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buffalo Soldiers driving me crazy

Andy D

They just bought the newest $30,000 62" Roland with all the bells and whistles in order to do more underpriced EVERYTHING like usual. When the words "LOW COST" and "BUDGET" are actually in your company name, its no surprise where your business model takes you.
That's good for you, you can buy it for next to nothing when they fold.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I thought he stated that if he had to pay $50, he'd only break even?

I would assume that meant that he had $50 worth of profit built in which on a slightly bigger than average set of magnetics is pretty good.

Our local market is being driven down so hard that we just lost an $84 pair of 12"x 18" magnetics that needed to have a logo recreated and they didn't want to spend the extra $37.50 for that work to be done. So, the fools up the road can have it. They just bought the newest $30,000 62" Roland with all the bells and whistles in order to do more underpriced EVERYTHING like usual. When the words "LOW COST" and "BUDGET" are actually in your company name, its no surprise where your business model takes you.

Either way you interpret his post, $50 for the pair or $65, he's still not earning a living. It's a classic example of quoting what one thinks sounds good without knowing one's costs or calculating what one's shop rate has to be. I'd be at $125 to $150 for the job or I wouldn't be doing it.

There's been a saying around for years that fits: "I bought a $ fill in the amount machine so I could make cheap signs". I don't play the lowball game. While someone else spends their two to three hours making those mags, I will be spending that time making signs that are priced high enough to cover costs and make a profit.

ams

So if everyone is done with the high school drama. The customer is working on getting me a better image.
Also I never asked for a freebie or asked for someone to do it for me. I was hoping you all knew a place that may have a better image I could trace or a site that has a vector such as brands of the world.

rossmosh

That's a $15 trace from my guy. I also was a bit bored this afternoon and threw it into Inkscape and found it very possible to do a 90% job in about 20ish minutes.

My recommendation is to find a cheap vector guy. I've yet to have a customer complain about the $20 cleanup charge when I explain why it's necessary. I also provide the vector files included in the charge.