• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buffer Issues / Jumping in GR-540

KH

I have a GR-540, printing with cropmarks from a VS-540i. No issues between the two for the most part. When the GR is cutting complex jobs, the GR will pause for a couple of seconds then start again losing its place. My feeling is the buffer was full, stops to reload, then jumps. The move is perhaps 15mm.

They are complex contour cuts with a lot of nodes that I have already reduced.

Suggestions on how to fix?

Attachments

• 7001Artboard 1.png
    7001Artboard 1.png
    908.6 KB · Views: 170

KH

Thanks BVG - Currently using an ethernet connection. Had the same response when using USB.

BVG

Just double check that you're running the latest firmware. I know the local Roland dealer here was having some issues with erratic movement, but it was fixed in a firmware update.

davyde

Firmware update to 2.10 fixed alot of issues, these machines have a decent memory but a large amount of nodes can complicate cuts, something ive only seen on older machines. I have installed quite a few GR cutters and all customers have experienced faster operation than their older machines. Id say check your lines. If you only rip 1 or 2 images does it still happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk