• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buh-bye Freehand.....

Ruddbow

day was coming

I knew it was going to happen. I personally have used FH for a long time (and still use it daily). Looks like I need to venture out and do some learnin.

FatCat

I started off using Freehand for design, then switched to Illustrator around version 8. Not going to miss it - though many are I assume.

CrabbyOldGuy

We have been hearing rumors of its demise for years. Looks like it will finally happen. I haven't used it in several years, haven't needed to. We use Flexi and Illustrator for the most part. Freehand did have some elegance to it sometimes but I have not received a freehand file from a customer in the last 5 years. Times up!

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I think it's kind of funny how my Adobe Illustrator CS2 installation has suddenly hosed itself right at the timing of this FH RIP announcement. The bug? Any layout with editable type cannot be saved or exported. It has to be converted to outlines. Skimming various Illustrator forums, I'm not alone in dealing with this bug. It seems to be growing and Adobe seems to have no solution for it. Not sure if even the CS3 upgrade will help.