• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

buhbye trailer

Flame

Just a quick rant.... customer calls. Wants a price on a 8' x 18' banner. Alright, figure up a price and everything, ask him where and how it will be mounted.... and my jaw drops.

"I'd like to put it up on two poles on the top of my trailer. and can you put the eyelets in there so it won't blow away when I'm going down the freeway?"

a 8'....x 18'.... banner. Mounted on 2 poles, on top of a trailer, going down the freeway.

Am I crazy to think that it will last 10 minutes on the freeway?

Mason

Just a quick rant.... customer calls. Wants a price on a 8' x 18' banner. Alright, figure up a price and everything, ask him where and how it will be mounted.... and my jaw drops.

"I'd like to put it up on two poles on the top of my trailer. and can you put the eyelets in there so it won't blow away when I'm going down the freeway?"

a 8'....x 18'.... banner. Mounted on 2 poles, on top of a trailer, going down the freeway.

Am I crazy to think that it will last 10 minutes on the freeway?
I want video

iSign

my vote... change the ' symbol to the " symbol on your quote, hope he overlooks that, & then give him a screaming deal... get the job, do the small banner, & when he comes to pick it up tell him you did the wind load calculations & discovered he would only need one "flag" pole for his order... then toss his 8" x 18" banner on the counter & watch his facial expression :)

...in fact, I want video too!

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Just install it on the side w/ liquid nails like some others would do here; that way there's no holes in the trailer...

emo

then toss his 8" x 18" banner on the counter & watch his facial expression :)

Ah, shades of Spinal Tap & the Stone Henge monument. Probably the same facial expressions too. :)

Couldn't he just attach it to the rear and pull it behind. Hell, they do it with aeroplanes all the time. :covereyes:

Flame

I'm telling ya.... do we all get these kind of requests or is it just me? Got another one for a gilded corex realty sign. Sigh....why me?

AUTO-FX

for this afternoon, and at the lowest price possible? After all, they are realtors and they will give you thousands of sign jobs every year...and you'll be rich... you can retire comfortably...vacation in the south of france....

OldPaint

make the banner, take CASH, no checks))))))
hand him the banner, as long as you dont have anything to do with the INSTALLATION.........enjoy his misspent money))))))))))))))))

Flame

I'll just make this a rant list. Customer asked for a full color signicade. Told her the price and she couldn't stop saying "wow". Thought she was thinking it was a good deal.... then told me "that's crazy cuz at the fair they're $75 out the door, full color!".

Whaaaaaaa. I'm around triple that. $75 for a full color signicade? ugh.