• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Build for under Bypass Backlit signs for rent

rivasm

We recently received permission from the municipality to build these lightboxes under a highway, its right on the main intersection of the city, we used this montage to show what the project would look like.

My questions is: how would go about manufacturing these curved lightboxes?

Our action plan right now is to use galvanized sheets (8x10 ft), drill to columns, go out around 8 inches and use a a plexi sheet (also 8x10ft), curve it around the structure. My main concern right now is how to put the advertisement on it:

Use transparent on white plexi?

Use normal white/white banner inside and stick to transparent plexi using double sided transparent vinyl (much like a diasec)?

on whether to use a flexface banner and just wrap the front?

How would you guys go about this, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Montaje.jpg
    Montaje.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 160

rivasm

Yes, They need to be curved around the column so that they can be seen from the two corners. Also to differentiate the signs from the ones that are commonly made here

rivasm

Since the plexi is flexible we can curve it a good amount, and hold them with an extrusion, on all four sides

rivasm

This is how we did it, in case anyone is interested

We did the curved frame with 1in galvanized tubing, painted white inside and placed led tubes along structure. Used the 4x8 clear acrylic as the front. Printed on clear vinyl on reverse and placed it on the inside part of the acrylic and then used matte white vinyl behind it...

Then attached them to the columns using a ring and 4inch screws ever 8 inches.

The results were great. The key we believe was using 4 pass on our ronald advance jet when printing the transparent AND the MATTE vinyl on the back gives it a solid look to the colors during the day and the night. It looks specially good during the night since the acrylic is very glossy.

We started installing this week; attached are pictures of the first one mounted, they go on all columns.

Attachments

• IMG-20110908-00448.jpg
    IMG-20110908-00448.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 142
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 148

John L

Good work on the sign. But if you are able, could you fully elaborate on the permit approval process you undertook here? I would consider that fantastic reading. Is this in Miami?

ProWraps

uh.... two doods riding on the top of bags of grain stacked high on the back of a truck. im not thinking this is in the US.