Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building logo

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by Ruddbow, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Ruddbow

Ruddbow Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Central Iowa
    I am looking for a link to purchase some clip art. One logo that I am looking for is a fairly common one. It is a b/w logo of several carpenters working on a stick built or framed building or house. I suggested I design him a new one but he really thinks this graphic is what he wants. I am going to prepare several different ones but still need to include this graphic with the quote. Any suggestions/leads would be greatly appreciated.

thanks.

Ryan

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
  3. Ruddbow

Ruddbow Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Central Iowa
    >>>>>>

thank you Fred. Still looking for more of an emphasis on the framed building than the actual carpenter. Those are all alot better than the graphic I am trying to duplicate.

4. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    go to office max & look for "click art"

it's not plotter-ready, but it does have thousands of vector files very well organized with a book & about 20 CD's.

I got it years ago, & I think I remember seeing something like you describe... several versions if I'm not mistaken (which I probably am... ) but it's worth a look anyway. $75 or so.

5. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    got your PM...

that ebay link works & looks like just the thing. I got mine 8 years ago & probably had only 100,000 images. Even that was a great deal for $75, so $20 from "fleabay" :Cool 2: sounds great.

I just looked in my collection... I didn't find exactly what I pictured in my mind from your post... but show a page full of these images to a client & they almost always find something they like better then what they thought they wanted.

Not all images are vector, & the ones that are not are not always high res enough to blow up a lot, so just warn the client that some are only designed for little embellishments on a flyer... but some are great for making signs.

I don't know if you know what I meant by "not plotter ready" but the files have hidden lines, so some work will be required for cutting vinyl. Still, I have found it to help a lot when upselling a client from lettering only to a multi-color layout with art. Helps with logos too... but avoid using too much of the clipart because they will want a unique logo, not just clipart.