Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulk Ink Desktop Printer

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Printers' started by Fred Weiss, May 7, 2005.

1. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    We needed a printer to label CD's with. When I went looking on the internet for options, I came across the new Epson R320. Among the sites selling it was one with a Chinese bulk ink kit to replace the standard ink cartridges.

We decided to give it a try and have been absolutely delighted. It's a six color printer which not only will print directly on CD's, but will also print a borderless print on 8.5" x 11" paper.

So far I've printed out about 200 full color pages and some CD's and still have about 3/4 of the ink I started with. If you do a lot of proof printing and are getting tired of the cost of ink cartridges, this one cuts that cost down to about 10% of buying cartridges. A full refill of all six colors sells for $125.00.

Pictured are the printer and a proof copy of our new clipart collection to show the borderless print aspect of it.

The site that has it is named PrintOnIt

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Ive seen that setup before, Epson makes some nice desktop printers for printing CD's... I generally print and cut them on my versacamm because its much cheaper though. Infact Im working on a job this weekend for 450 CD Labels...

3. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    We were Edge printing them and they looked great. The problem we had was applying them without trapping bubbles. The printable CD's look great and the cost is down to less than 2¢.

4. Decal_Designs

Decal_Designs Member

May 10, 2003
    Fox Lake
    I've got the Epson Photo R300, and it's great for CD printing.

5. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    Less than 2 cents... hmm, thats pretty dang cheap... Probably cheaper than I could do it for...